Bicycle maintenance is quite a complicated issue, especially for beginners. There are many books on how to arrange for self-maintenance of your bikes.
In this post, we want to recommend one unique book – “Complete Guide to Bicycle Maintenance and Repair for Road and Mountain Bikes”.
Plenty of repair books exist. Rather, Jim describes the design, layout, tools and equipment that make it easy to create an efficient, productive and comfortable home workshop you’ll love spending time in. When there’s a trick only a home-shop expert would know, rest assured that you’ll find it here. This book has 68 pages with 201 color photos & illustrations.
Bicycle Maintenance Book Description
There is a wealth of information to fix and maintain any mountain or road bicycle. It doesn’t matter if it’s the most recent or old-fashioned model with thousands of miles. Beginners or expert riders can keep their bikes in good condition longer and less time for repairs. With this repair guide, you can fix your bike in no time:
- Design and build your dream bike workshop using complete plans and a detailed list of tools
- Surprise your friends and colleagues with tips to fix breakdowns using a minimum of tools
- Roll hoops on wheels to save time and money.
- Adjust suspension shocks to ensure comfortable rides
Learn top tips from expert mechanics
• Expertly repair any brake type, including the V-Brake
- Replace freewheels and cassettes to ensure maximum performance
- Clipless service pedals that provide maximum security
What’s new in this expanded and updated fourth edition?
- Up-to-date text that covers the most recent models and components
- Over 160 photos have been added to ensure you get the repairs done the first time correctly.
- More clear, well-designed captions so that you can read them as you fix
Troubleshooting sections are designed to determine and fix common problems rapidly.
- Websites and phone numbers of bicycle and part producers
A new glossary that includes the most current bike language